Better Healthcare: We’re All Paying the Price
Rising healthcare costs are a concern to all Americans. To make any real difference to curb healthcare spending, efforts must focus on chronic diseases. Chronic diseases are the true driver of healthcare costs
No matter what your role as a professional, you can get involved and make a difference:
Employees Can Make a Difference
If you are an employee:
- Reach out to your benefits or human resources manager. Share what you’ve learned about the Triple Solution.
- Tell your employer about The Asheville Project, the Diabetes Ten City Challenge, or projects other companies have implemented to improve health and reduce costs. Share the results of this successful pharmacy care program. Inquire about starting a similar disease management program at your company. There can be benefits for you and them.
Employers Can Make a Difference
If you are an employer:
- Learn more about how you can reduce healthcare costs by investing in the health of your employees.
- Visit the Center for Value-Based Health Management. The Center is an online resource for employers, health plans, and benefits consultants. Learn more about value-based health management and benefit designs that encourage prevention and intervention.
Community Leaders Can Make a Difference
If you are an community leader:
Spread the Word
You can make a difference:
- Share what you’ve learned about the Triple Solution. Tell benefit managers, community leaders policymakers and other professionals.
- Tell others about the Triple Solution. Inspire them to invest in health and save our healthcare.